Emergency Medical Technician
Locations: Boston, Brockton, South Shore, South Coast
Provide emergency medical services and non-emergent interfacility transfers for patients requiring Basic Life Support ambulance transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain professional appearance following organizations uniform guidelines.
- Confirm readiness of transportation vehicles insuring that they have been inspected for cleanliness, inventory supplies, fluid levels and radio/electronic communications.
- Maintain a clean/contaminant free environment for both vehicle and equipment.
- Preserve a secure environment for all clients transported in a Brewster Ambulance vehicle. Proper restraints must be used at all times.
- Reconcile end of shift paper work and electronic uploads. Lock and sync vehicle computers.
- Complete end of shift reports identifying shift activity and unusual occurrences.
- Communicate with Field Supervisor for any operational issues with scanning, medical necessity forms, and unusual occurrences.
- Document any identified complaints, corrective action and follow up working with Field Supervisor and Area Manager for review with leadership team.
- Participate in assigned base duties to be performed in support of base operations. Adhere to base duties, policies and procedures of Brewster Ambulance.
- Maintain professional and appropriate communication with all customers, including patients, families, facility staff and the public, as well as other Brewster team members.
- Foster and maintain an on-going culture of safety and customer service.
- Provide safe and courteous transportation to any client transported by Brewster Ambulance Service.
- Provide care from the initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility.
- Maintain thorough patient care documentation, complete all required trip sheets, medical necessity forms, and time sheets in a timely manner.
- Use proper and professional radio etiquette at all times.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum of high school education.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- Must have Massachusetts Driver license.
- Current CPR certification. Massachusetts EMT-B or EMT-A license (or National Registry).
- Must be able to work in weather conditions of geographical region.
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.