EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN - PARAMEDIC
Locations: Boston, Brockton, South Shore, South Coast
Provide emergency medical services and non-emergent interfacility transfers for patients requiring Advanced Life Support ambulance transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain professional appearance following organizations uniform guidelines
- Confirm readiness of transportation vehicles insuring that they have been inspected for cleanliness, inventory supplies, fluid levels and radio/electronic communications
- Maintain a clean/contaminant free environment for both vehicle and equipment
- Preserve a secure environment for all clients transported in a Brewster Ambulance vehicle. Proper restraints must be used at all times.
- Reconcile end of shift paper work and electronic uploads. Lock and sync vehicle computers.
- Complete end of shift reports identifying shift activity and unusual occurrences.
- Communicate with Field Supervisor for any operational issues with scanning, medical necessity forms, and unusual occurrences.
- Document any identified complaints, corrective action and follow up working with Field Supervisor and Area Manager for review with leadership team.
- Participate in assigned base duties to be performed in support of base operations. Adhere to base duties, policies and procedures of Brewster Ambulance.
- Maintain professional and appropriate communication with all customers, including patients, families, facility staff and the public, as well as other Brewster team members.
- Foster and maintain an on-going culture of safety and customer service.
- Provide safe and courteous transportation to any client transported by Brewster Ambulance Service.
- Provide care from the initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility.
- Maintain thorough patient care documentation, complete all required trip sheets, medical necessity forms, and time sheets in a timely manner.
- Use proper and professional radio etiquette at all times.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum of high school education.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- Must have Massachusetts Driver license.
- Current CPR certification. Massachusetts EMT-Paramedic license (or National Registry).
- Must maintain ACLS, PALS and APLS certifications.
- Must maintain VOC/EVDT certification.
- VOC/EVDT certification.
- Must be able to work in weather conditions of geographical region.
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Read this Brewster Insights article featuring Jonathan Oates, Braintree Paramedic, to learn more about an actual Brewster Ambulance Service team member in this role.
There are several other Team Profile articles of Brewster Ambulance Paramedics in other issues of Brewster Insights. Click here to view our newsletter archives to read more.