Chair Car Driver
Locations: Boston, Brockton, South Shore, South Coast
Provide transportation services for consumers requiring specialized wheelchair van transportation to medical appointments, adult day care, or other approved destinations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain professional appearance following organizations uniform guidelines.
- Confirm readiness of transportation vehicles insuring that they have been inspected for cleanliness, inventory supplies, fluid levels and radio/electronic communications.
- Maintain a clean/contaminant free environment for both vehicle and equipment.
- Preserve a secure environment for all clients transported in a Brewster Ambulance vehicle. Proper restraints must be used at all times.
- Reconcile end of shift paper work and electronic uploads.
- Complete end of shift reports identifying shift activity and unusual occurrences.
- Communicate with Field Supervisor for any scanning, medical necessity forms, and unusual occurrences.
- Document any identified complaints, corrective action and follow up working with Field Supervisor and Area Manager for review with leadership team.
- Participate in assigned base duties to be performed in support of base operations. Adhere to base duties as well as policies and procedures of Brewster Ambulance.
- Follow standard operating procedures notify management team via text of customer incidents, accidents, employee injuries, and unusual occurrences.
- Foster and maintain an on-going culture of safety and customer service.
- Cultivate a professional relationship while interacting with shift crews, Field Supervisors, and customers.
- Provide safe and courteous transportation to any client transported by Brewster Ambulance Service.
- Complete all required trip sheets, medical necessity forms, and time sheets in a timely manner.
- Use proper and professional radio etiquette at all times.
- Minimum of High School education.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- Valid Massachusetts driver's license.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be able to work in weather conditions of geographical region.
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Read this Brewster Insights article featuring Charlie Gannon, Weymouth EMS Chair Car Driver, to learn more about an actual Brewster Ambulance Service team member in this role.